Communication Skills Training
This 24-week American English pronunciation and communication skills course is designed for non-native speakers of English who have weaknesses in several areas of spoken English that interferes with communication and presents a barrier with others. This course is also designed for individuals who want to go at a slower or have several different goals that they want to master.
All classes are private and are held once a week for one hour using either Skype or telephone. Class days and times are flexible. If you need to cancel a class because of a meeting or other obligation, re-schedule your class to a different day and time. Just let your instructor know ahead of time. A "no-show" class counts as a class.
The course fee includes all practice materials, weekly correspondence in between classes, unlimited access to Speaking Your Best Online, and a final speech evaluation evaluation during the last class to document your improvement.
Examples of areas that may be addressed included, but are not limited to the following:
- pronunciation of accented sounds to improve speech intelligibility
- using an appropriate speaking rate in all speaking situations
- making your voice heard
- mastery of basic grammar skills
- American English stressing and intonation patterns
- common American English expressions and idioms
- social conversational skills: for example, making introductions, what to say to new people, active listening, making conversations (introducing topics, maintaining conversations, ending conversations)
- facilitating a business conference call
- speak concisely and directly
- delivery of presentations
- written language
- management skills
- how to speak tactfully and diplomatically
- understanding the American culture in the workplace
- leaving effective voicemails
Speaking Your Best 24-Week Accent Modification/English Pronunciation and Communication Skills Training Course
This course includes 24 one-hour private Zoom classes. It is customized to meet your specific needs and goals. It is designed for individuals with a heavy accent that are difficult to understand and have several language differences. All practice materials are included.