Communication Skills Training Course
The Speaking Your Best 12-week accent modification/American English pronunciation and communication skills program is designed for non-native speakers of English who have a good foundation in English, but have significant differences in their pronunciation. This course is also designed for native American speakers who want to work on a regional accent and other speaking skills.
This course consists of 12 one-hour private classes held on Zoom. Class days and times are flexible. If you need to cancel a class because of a meeting or other obligation, re-schedule your class to a different day and time. Just let your instructor know ahead of time. A "no-show" class will count as a class.
Included with your course are all practice materials, weekly correspondence in between classes, and a final speech evaluation evaluation during the last lesson to document your improvement.
Examples of areas that may be addressed included, but are not limited to the following:
- pronunciation of accented sounds to improve speech intelligibility
- using an appropriate speaking rate in all speaking situations
- making your voice heard
- mastery of basic grammar skills
- American English stressing and intonation patterns
- common American English expressions and idioms
- social conversational skills: for example, making introductions, what to say to new people, active listening, making conversations (introducing topics, maintaining conversations, ending conversations)
- facilitating a business conference call
- speak concisely and directly
- delivery of presentations
- written language
- management skills
- how to speak tactfully and diplomatically
- understanding the American culture in the workplace
- leaving effective voicemails
Speaking Your Best 12-Week Accent Modification/English Pronunciation and Communication Skills Training Course
This course includes 12 one-hour private Zoom classes. It is customized to meet your needs and is designed for individuals with a moderate accent and several language differences (grammar, stressing and intonation, etc). With this course, you have more time to master the new speaking skills you learn. All practice materials are included.